HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE!!! MONDAUY 9/12
- The Church is Open!! Normal Mass schedule resumes today, 7:30 am and 9:00 am daily Mass, and the regular weekend schedule, Sat: 4:00 pm & 6:30 pm and Sunday 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:30 am, 4:00 pm Spanish and 6:00 pm Life Teen.
- We particularly want to offer prayers of gratitude to Mary for protecting us from what came very close to being a catastrophe.
Welcome to our Catholic Family. St. Ignatius of Antioch was established in 1888 as one of the first missions in the West Coast of Florida. For 40 years the people depended on a visiting priest for Mass; but they were determined to create Church. We still are.
Directory of Ministries Book
50 Programs, 79 movies, 98 audio guides and 58-ebooks, all are given to you as a gift from the Brothers in Christ and the parish. If you bought these they would all cost over $18,000. They are all yours for free for attending our parish. Click here to go to the formed site to register. Click register on the lower right of that page and put in our parish access code: 68Z88Q.
Welcome to Online Giving
Remember St. Ignatius in your will
Many of the improvements in our parish have been made possible through the generosity of parishioners who remembered our parish in their will. Please consider joining them.
All testamentary gifts should be noted as follows:
"Gregory L. Parkes, as Bishop of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, a Corporate Sole, for the benefit of St. Ignatius of Antioch Parish"
- Msgr. Joseph Pellegrino, Pastor
- Fr. Brian Fabiszewski, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Vijay Bhaskar Polamarasetty, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Kevin Molloy, in Residence
- Deacon Samuel Moschetto, Deacon
- Deacon John Edgerton, Deacon
- Ron Appel, Parish Manager
- Anne Harman, Director of Music Ministries
- Laura Margarella, Director of Caritas Outreach to the Homebound, Hospitalized and Bereaved
- Joshua Strope, Director of Evangelization (RCIA)
- Sharon Stokely, Director of Early Childhood Center
- Fran Morin, Director of Religious Education (Pre-K through confirmation)
- Marie Day, Administrative Assistant to Religious Education
- Bart Kovacic, Director of Life Teen High School Youth Ministry
- Jennifer McIlveen, Director of EDGE Middle School Youth Ministry
- Katherine Creamer, Office Manager
- Lorna Moffitt, Assistant Business Manager
- Le Morris, Administrative Assistant
- Eldean Jenkins, Facilities Manager--grounds, roses
- Tony McCormick, maintenance-parish life center
- Tilly Faugno, maintenance-church, chapel
- Kathy Armstrong, house mom
- Joanne Kowalchuk, chef
Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:30 am, 4:00 pm (Spanish in Church) & 6:00 pm (Life Teen)
Daily Masses Mon-Fri 7:30 am & 9:00 am (On Tuesdays we have a 10:30 am Mass and Luncheon for the homebound, Please call Laura in Caritas ext 221)
Saturday: 9:00 am
US Catholic News Feed
09/21/17 12:50 am
Lincoln, Neb., Sep 20, 2017 / 04:50 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- An Oklahoma priest martyred in Guatemala will be beatified on Saturday, and his life has much to teach us, Bishop James Conley of Lincoln has said.
“To trust God can be risky and even dangerous at times,” Bishop Conley said in a Sept. 22 column for the Southern Nebraska Register.Read More
09/20/17 8:00 pm
Washington D.C., Sep 20, 2017 / 12:00 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- The Sistine Chapel Choir will perform in the U.S. for the first time in three decades, and will sing compositions that one expert says are an important heritage of the American Church.
Italian priest Father Massimo Palombella directs the Sistine choir, which will be singing works by Renaissance composers such as Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Antonio Allegri and Tomás Luis de Victoria.Read More
09/20/17 6:02 pm
Washington D.C., Sep 20, 2017 / 10:02 am (CNA/EWTN News).- A Senate committee on Tuesday voted to advance a bill that seeks to ensure U.S. aid reaches Christian genocide victims in Iraq.
“The vote from this morning is an important step toward providing relief for those victims of the genocide committed by ISIS,” Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), one of the sponsors of H.R. 390, the Iraq and Syria Genocide Emergency Relief and Accountability Act of 2017, stated.Read More
Vatican News Feed
09/21/17 9:29 pm
Vatican City, Sep 21, 2017 / 01:29 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- In a meeting with Italy's Anti-Mafia Parliamentary Commission on Thursday, Pope Francis said that dismantling the mafia begins with a political commitment to social justice and economic reform.
Corruption “has a contagious and parasitic nature, because it does not nourish what good produces, but…it subtracts and robs,” Pope Francis said Sept. 21.Read More
09/21/17 8:26 pm
Vatican City, Sep 21, 2017 / 12:26 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- There should be no opportunity for appealing canonical cases of sexual abuse against minors when allegations have been proven by evidence, Pope Francis said in spontaneous comments Thursday.
In off-the-cuff remarks to the Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors (PCPM) Sept. 21, the Pope said that “if pedophilia, an abuse of minors, is proven it is enough to not receive appeals.”Read More
09/21/17 4:16 pm
Vatican City, Sep 21, 2017 / 08:16 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Thursday in a written speech Pope Francis reiterated the Catholic Church’s commitment to the protection of minors from sexual abuse, stating that the Church will continue to take a “zero tolerance” stance against offenders.
“Let me say quite clearly that sexual abuse is a horrible sin, completely opposite and in contradiction to what Christ and the Church teach us,” the Pope’s prepared remarks stated Sept. 21.Read More