Welcome to our Catholic Family. St. Ignatius of Antioch was established in 1888 as one of the first missions in the West Coast of Florida. For 40 years the people depended on a visiting priest for Mass; but they were determined to create Church. We still are.
Welcome to Online Giving
Remember St. Ignatius in your will
Many of the improvements in our parish have been made possible through the generosity of parishioners who remembered our parish in their will. Please consider joining them.
All testamentary gifts should be noted as follows:
"Robert N. Lynch, as Bishop of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, a Corporate Sole, for the benefit of St. Ignatius of Antioch Parish"
- Msgr. Joseph Pellegrino, Pastor
- Fr. Brian Fabiszewski, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Kevin Molloy, in Residence
- Deacon Samuel Moschetto, Deacon
- Deacon John Edgerton, Deacon
- Ron Appel, Parish Manager
- Anne Harman, Director of Music Ministries
- Laura Margarella, Director of Caritas Outreach to the Homebound, Hospitalized and Bereaved
- Katie Napolitano, Director of Evangelization (RCIA) and Spirituality
- Sharon Stokely, Director of Early Childhood Center
- Fran Morin, Director of Religious Education (Pre-K through confirmation)
- Marie Day, Administrative Assistant to Religious Education
- Bart Kovacic, Director of Life Teen High School Youth Ministry
- Jennifer McIlveen, Director of EDGE Middle School Youth Ministry
- Katherine Creamer, Office Manager
- Lorna Moffitt, Assistant Business Manager
- Le Morris, Administrative Assistant
- Eldean Jenkins, Facilities Manager--grounds, roses
- Tom Hejl, maintenance-build it, fix it
- Tony McCormick, maintenance-parish life center
- Tilly Faugno, maintenance-church, chapel
- Kathy Armstrong, house mom
- Joanne Kowalchuk, chef
Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:30 am & 6:00 pm (Life Teen)
Daily Mass: Mon through Friday: 7:30 am & 9:00 am
Saturday: 9:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00 pm to 3:45 pm and after the 6:30 pm Mass
Vatican News Feed
07/26/16 10:59 pm
Vatican City, Jul 26, 2016 / 02:59 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Before taking off for WYD in Krakow, Pope Francis will pray at the tomb of St. John Paul II alongside children who have cancer, and will bring their prayers to Poland in order to ask the nation's saint for healing.
According to a July 26 statement from Italian nonprofit Peter Pan, which works with children who have cancer and their families, members of the association will “share a moment of prayer” with Pope Francis July 27 before he flies to Krakow for World Youth Day.Read More
07/26/16 3:27 pm
Vatican City, Jul 26, 2016 / 07:27 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis has decried the “absurd violence” which has left an elderly priest dead after his church in northern France was taken hostage during Mass.
In a statement released Tuesday by the Vatican, the Pope, having been informed of the situation, “participates in the pain and horror of this absurd violence,” while radically condemning “every form of hatred.”Read More
07/24/16 6:09 pm
Vatican City, Jul 24, 2016 / 10:09 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis has asked for prayers as he, and all the pilgrims attending this year's World Youth Day, prepare to make their way to Krakow, Poland for the international event.
The Pope, who leaves Wednesday, said Sunday that he is traveling to Krakow in order “to encounter these boys and girls,” as well as “to celebrate with them and for them the Jubilee of Mercy, through the intercession of St. John Paul II.”Read More
US Catholic News Feed
07/26/16 11:04 am
Washington D.C., Jul 26, 2016 / 03:04 am (CNA/EWTN News).- When Maggie* was in high school, she stayed after class to talk to ask a teacher what to do about a very personal concern she felt her physician was not taking seriously. What she learned led to the discovery of a brain tumor, and treatment for the growth which had been affecting the teen for years. The tools she needed to find and treat this growth came from an awareness of her fertility and natural cycles.
“It wasn’t so much that I was trying to avoid pregnancy or get pregnant – it’s that there was something legitimately wrong with my body,” Maggie told CNA.Read More
07/26/16 8:48 am
Denver, Colo., Jul 26, 2016 / 12:48 am (CNA).- Megan Finegan and Kaylin Koslosky are not theologians, journalists, or youth ministers. But the 22-year-old friends believe that they can minister to other young women by writing a new book about femininity.
Their book, “Daughter of the King: Wait, Where’s My Crown?!,” addresses issues young women face in today’s society from the perspective of young women themselves.Read More
07/25/16 8:47 pm
New Haven, Conn., Jul 25, 2016 / 12:47 pm (CNA).- A new poll released Monday found that an overwhelming majority of Americans believe abortion clinics should be held to the same medical and safety standards as other outpatient surgery centers.
The survey follows last month’s Supreme Court ruling striking down a Texas law regulating abortion clinics on the grounds that it placed an “undue burden” on a women’s “right to an abortion.”Read More