Welcome to our Catholic Family. St. Ignatius of Antioch was established in 1888 as one of the first missions in the West Coast of Florida. For 40 years the people depended on a visiting priest for Mass; but they were determined to create Church. We still are.
Welcome to Online Giving
- Fr. Joseph Pellegrino, Pastor
- Fr. Justin Paskert, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Kevin Molloy, Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Samuel Moschetto, Deacon
- Deacon John Edgerton, Deacon
- Ron Appel, Parish Manager
- Anne Harman, Director of Music Ministries
- Laura Margarella, Director of Caritas Outreach to the Homebound, Hospitalized and Bereaved
- Katie Napolitano, Director of Evangelization (RCIA) and Spirituality
- Sharon Stokely, Director of Early Childhood Center
- Nancy Gorby, Director of Early Childhood Center, Emeritus
- Kristin Ganas, Administrative Assistant to Early Childhood Center
- Fran Morin, Director of Religious Education (Pre-K through confirmation)
- Marie Day, Administrative Assistant to Religious Education
- Bart Kovacic, Director of Life Teen High School Youth Ministry
- Jennifer McIlveen, Director of EDGE Middle School Youth Ministry
- Katherine Creamer, Office Manager
- Lorna Moffitt, Assistant Business Manager
- Le Morris, Administrative Assistant
- Eldean Jenkins, Facilities Manager--grounds, roses +++
- Tom Hejl, maintenance-build it, fix it +++
- Tony McCormick, maintenance-parish life center +++
- Tilly Faugno, maintenance-church, chapel +++
- Kathy Armstrong, house mom
- Joanne Kowalchuk, chef
Passion Sunday, Mar 28-29: Masses Sat at 4:00 pm & 6:30 pm, Sunday at 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:30 am & 6:00 pm (Life Teen)
Holy Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, March 30, 31 & April 1
Mass at 6:45 am, 7:30 am & 9:00 am. Confessions at 9:30 am & 7:00 pm
Holy Thursday, April 2: Mass of the Lord's Supper 7:00 pm
Good Friday, April 3: Veneration of the Cross 3:00 pm; Journey of the Cross led by Life Teen 7:00 pm
Holy Saturday, April 4: Solemn Easter Vigil and First Easter Mass 8:30 pm (note there are no earlier vigil Masses on Holy Saturday)
Easter Sunday, April 5: 7:00 am, 9:00 am & 11:30 am (There are overflow Masses in the Parish Life Center at 9:00 & 11:30) There is no Life Teen Mass in the evening of Easter Sunday.
Vatican News Feed
03/28/15 9:56 pm
Vatican City, Mar 28, 2015 / 01:56 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- On the 500th anniversary of St. Teresa of Avila's birth, Pope Francis praised the Spanish mystic and reformer for her witness of self-gift to God, as well as her particular relevance during this Year of Consecrated Life.
“How much goodness does the testimony of her consecration – born directly from the encounter with Christ, her experience of prayer as continuous dialogue with God, and her community life, rooted in the motherhood of the Church – do for us!” the Pope said, according to Vatican Radio's translation.Read More
03/28/15 7:17 pm
Vatican City, Mar 28, 2015 / 11:17 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis has sent a telegram of condolences following the death of Catholicos Dinkha IV, patriarch of the Assyrian Church of the East, describing him as an “important spiritual leader, a courageous and wise pastor.”
The patriarch passed away on Mar. 26 in Rochester, Minnesota at the age of 79.Read More
03/27/15 11:49 pm
Vatican City, Mar 27, 2015 / 03:49 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- An informal announcement was made on Friday at the close of the Italian bishops conference's spring meeting in Rome revealing that Pope Francis will visit the two Tuscan cities Nov. 10.
“We welcome the news that the Holy Father will be in Prato with great joy,” Bishop Franco Agostinelli of Prato said March 27.Read More
US Catholic News Feed
03/28/15 2:25 pm
Washington D.C., Mar 28, 2015 / 06:25 am (CNA).- A recent ruling from the Supreme Court to clarify workplace protections for pregnant women will help remedy some of the pressure placed on working women to abort rather than continue pregnancies, pro-life legal experts say.
“We’re very pleased to see the outcome here,” Clarke Forsythe, chief counsel for Americans United For Life, told CNA.Read More
03/28/15 1:32 am
Indianapolis, Ind., Mar 27, 2015 / 05:32 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Despite media hype, a new Indiana law is not based on anti-gay discrimination, but on a 20-year legal precedent of protecting the rights of religious individuals and charitable organizations, say religious liberty advocates.
“It’s both unfortunate and incredibly dishonest to say the things that they are saying about these bills,” said Kellie Fiedorek, litigation counsel with the legal group Alliance Defending Freedom.Read More
03/27/15 12:04 pm
Washington D.C., Mar 27, 2015 / 04:04 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Firing squads, gas chambers and the electric chair – these types of execution may seem like methods of the past, but some states in the U.S. are bringing them back, prompting a debate about the most humane form of the death penalty, or whether the very idea is a contradiction in terms.
“I think we’re at a critical point right now where the myth that lethal injection was swift, effective and painless has been destroyed,” said Robert Dunham, director of the Death Penalty Information Center.Read More