Welcome to our Catholic Family. St. Ignatius of Antioch was established in 1888 as one of the first missions in the West Coast of Florida. For 40 years the people depended on a visiting priest for Mass; but they were determined to create Church. We still are.
Directory of Ministries Book
50 Programs, 79 movies, 98 audio guides and 58-ebooks, all are given to you as a gift from the Brothers in Christ and the parish. If you bought these they would all cost over $18,000. They are all yours for free for attending our parish. Click here to go to the formed site to register. Click register on the lower right of that page and put in our parish access code: 68Z88Q.
Welcome to Online Giving
Remember St. Ignatius in your will
Many of the improvements in our parish have been made possible through the generosity of parishioners who remembered our parish in their will. Please consider joining them.
All testamentary gifts should be noted as follows:
"Gregory L. Parkes, as Bishop of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, a Corporate Sole, for the benefit of St. Ignatius of Antioch Parish"
- Msgr. Joseph Pellegrino, Pastor
- Fr. Brian Fabiszewski, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Vijay Bhaskar Polamarasetty, Parochial Vicar
- Fr. Kevin Molloy, in Residence
- Deacon Samuel Moschetto, Deacon
- Deacon John Edgerton, Deacon
- Ron Appel, Parish Manager
- Anne Harman, Director of Music Ministries
- Laura Margarella, Director of Caritas Outreach to the Homebound, Hospitalized and Bereaved
- Joshua Strope, Director of Evangelization (RCIA)
- Sharon Stokely, Director of Early Childhood Center
- Fran Morin, Director of Religious Education (Pre-K through confirmation)
- Marie Day, Administrative Assistant to Religious Education
- Bart Kovacic, Director of Life Teen High School Youth Ministry
- Jennifer McIlveen, Director of EDGE Middle School Youth Ministry
- Katherine Creamer, Office Manager
- Lorna Moffitt, Assistant Business Manager
- Le Morris, Administrative Assistant
- Eldean Jenkins, Facilities Manager--grounds, roses
- Tony McCormick, maintenance-parish life center
- Tilly Faugno, maintenance-church, chapel
- Kathy Armstrong, house mom
- Joanne Kowalchuk, chef
Sunday: 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:30 am, 4:00 pm (Spanish in Church) & 6:00 pm (Life Teen)
Daily Masses Mon-Fri 7:30 am & 9:00 am (On Tuesdays we have a 10:30 am Mass and Luncheon for the homebound, Please call Laura in Caritas ext 221)
Saturday: 9:00 am
US Catholic News Feed
06/24/17 11:02 am
Washington D.C., Jun 24, 2017 / 03:02 am (CNA/EWTN News).- “Ultimately, this report is about the sanctity of all human life.”
This remarkable line opens up an international police group's flagship document on how to improve incidents of officer-involved shootings and the kinds of non-armed crisis situations that take place regularly across the United States.Read More
06/23/17 11:26 pm
Detroit, Mich., Jun 23, 2017 / 03:26 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- A district court judge on Thursday halted the deportation of more than 100 Iraqis, including many Chaldean Christians, who were recently picked up by immigration officers and detained.
“We are thankful and relieved that our clients will not be immediately sent to Iraq, where they face grave danger of persecution, torture or death,” Michael Steinberg, legal director of the ACLU of Michigan, which represented the Iraqi nationals, stated in response to the ruling.Read More
06/23/17 7:10 pm
Washington D.C., Jun 23, 2017 / 11:10 am (CNA/EWTN News).- The U.S. bishops' conference has warned that the proposed Senate health care bill will put serious burdens on poor families and is “unacceptable as written.”
After the draft of a Senate health care bill was finally released on Thursday, Bishop Frank Dewane of Venice, chair of the U.S. bishops’ domestic justice and human development committee, stated that “this proposal retains many of the fundamental defects of the House of Representatives-passed health care legislation, and even further compounds them.”Read More
Vatican News Feed
06/25/17 7:38 pm
Vatican City, Jun 25, 2017 / 11:38 am (CNA/EWTN News).- In his Angelus address on Sunday, Pope Francis reminded the faithful that following Christ does not mean our lives will be free from all earthly troubles.
“There is no Christian mission in the name of tranquility,” the Pope said, speaking to those gathered in St. Peter’s Square on June 25. “Difficulties and tribulations are part and parcel of evangelization.”Read More
06/25/17 10:03 am
Vatican City, Jun 25, 2017 / 02:03 am (CNA/EWTN News).- If Jose Brochero doesn't sound like a Gaucho name, nothing does.
Last year, Pope Francis canonized Saint Brochero, a fellow countryman from Argentina also known as the “Gaucho priest.”Read More
06/23/17 10:42 pm
Vatican City, Jun 23, 2017 / 02:42 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Pope Francis offered encouragement Friday to members of Serra International, which promotes religious vocations, urging them to persevere in their “beautiful vocation of being laity who are friends to priests” and to “(k)eep moving forward!”
Pope Francis said June 23 that friendship “is central to the experience of faith.”Read More