Caritas is our community outreach ministry to the elderly, infirmed, homebound and bereaved of the parish.
Our services include:
1) COMMUNION CALLS - If you are unable to attend Mass due to illness, a Eucharistic Minister will bring Communion to your home.
2) CARE MASS - Homebound parishioners are invited to our Tuesday morning mass and luncheon. Transportation is provided by our volunteers.
3) PRAYER LINE - Our members pray for your special intentions.
4) NEW BEGINNINGS - Our bereavement support group. Meetings are held monthly.
5) MARTHA MINISTRY - Our volunteers attend funeral Masses when the deceased has few family members who would be in attendance.
6) FRIENDLY VISITS AND PHONE PALS - Are for those who live alone and would appreciate a visit or phone call.
Caritas also serves Advent Heath North Pinellas (Florida Hospital North Pinellas/Helen Ellis Hospital) and two local nursing homes. If you would like more information on Caritas, or if you are interested in joining our ministry, please call Lauranne Schmit (Director) at 727-937-4050 ext. 221 or email to [email protected]